Board and Fixtures Meeting A Success
The Sheffield Steelers returned to their offices today after a two day EIHL Board and Fixtures meeting in Edinburgh.
Steelers owner Tony Smith reported that all went well on both days "The league certainly seems to be moving in the right direction and we had two very good and constructive days
"All ten clubs are in agreement on the way forward with the new exciting conference system that we will be introducing this year and reports from around the table suggested that after some initial concerns fans of all the clubs have also now bought into this new format. I honestly beleive the Steelers fans have as well.
"Fixtures are always a problem for us as it is with Nottingham and Belfast as well. We are all all restricted with ice availability but unlike the Giants and the Panthers we do have the benefit of Ice Sheffield to assist us, this ensures that we dont play a number of mid week games and when the arena doesnt have home ice can move some games to IS on weekend dates.
"We have a little bit of tinkering to be finalised before the dates are issued to fans but we are certainly satisfied how they are looking right now with some big games coming very early in the season"
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.