Finnerty closing in.....
Steelers head coach Ryan Finnerty believes that his much anticipated final squad could be completed by the weekend.
After the Adam Huxley deal fell through a week ago Finnerty reverted to his original plan of signing a gritty forward and big defenceman, rather than go down the out and out Brett Clouthier style tough guy
“I think we are almost there” said Finnerty. The deal for the forward is done and we are just awaiting the transfer clearance. I’m very excited about him, it’s a name that hasn’t escaped out and a guy I didn’t think would be available. If he had been I would have gone after him as my number one summer target
“The D man has proved to be more difficult, finding that big D man who can play good minutes in all situations, yet is tough and can police. There aren’t too many of those guys about. Right now I think we have our guy. We have a deal but there is a little work to do on some off ice stuff, schooling, visa’s etc before we can announce”
There has been a lot of pressure on Finnerty to find the right two guys to finish this team off “I was and depending on what happens I still am prepared to start the year off another guy short” he said “if it means getting the right guy, that’s the road we will go down, and remember we still have an eleventh slot open should anyone or anything go wrong early
“If these two guys are confirmed I think this will be the biggest, fastest, grittiest Steelers team for many years. It will have a balance and that was the biggest thing for me. A balance of goals scored with a strong and deep at the back end. A balance between flair, speed and goals together with steel, a team of grit and determination. I think we have it
“I’m excited and hope the fans, media and sponsors are – they should be”
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.