No Huxley After All for the Steelers
Steelers head coach Ryan Finnerty has confirmed that he has released new signing Adam Huxley from his contract – less than two days after signing it.
"I spoke with Adam on Wednesday morning" said Finnerty "I could tell right away that something was up. He has had a change of circumstances which means that for the short term he really has to remain in North America. He knew he had signed a deal but I wasn't going to force a player to play here. His circumstance had changed unexpectedly. That happens and as disappointed as I was to let him go we didn't really have an option
"I think he was as upset as we were, but this was just down to timing and out of people's hands really. We wish him well, has has been a pleasure to deal with and I'm not so sure we haven't seen the last of him. He is already talking about next year and I certainly wouldn't rule that out"
The Steelers will now continue their search for the final remaining signing "Yes, things now change, when Huxley came into our minds we changed our thoughts on the remaining signings and bought our toughness in up front. Now I think we will go back to plan A and look for the big D man" continued Finnerty
"Things change on a daily basis though, you have to have an open mind to all situations and we do. I guess first and foremost we are looking for the best person to fill that role"
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.