Hull Stingrays 3-6 Sheffield Steelers (Challenge Cup)
Tylor Michel scored twice as the Steelers came from behind to beat the Hull Stingrays in their opening Challenge cup fixture on Wednesday evening.
The Steelers went early behind to a Jereme Tendler stike after just 27 seconds though quickly responded with an unassisted Steve Goertzen goal. It was the Hull side that led at the break though with Cale Tanaka scoring on the powerplay with Jonathan Phillips sat in the box on a holding call.
The middle period belonged to the Steelers as Ryan Finnerty's side hit four without reply through Shields, Phillips, Legue and Michel to lead 5-2
It was the battle of the British goalies with Geoff Woolhouse starting his first competitive game of the season turning away 20 shots in the night with the Steelers themselves firing 27 at Hull's Ben Bowns.
The final period saw a short rally from the Stingrays with Dominic Osman reducing Hull's deficest to two before Michel scored his second with just 5 seconds remaining for a final score of Hull Stingrays 3-6 Sheffield Steelers.
The Steelers now return to Sheffield for their double home header at the Motorpoint (Sheffield) Arena to play the Nottingham Panthers (Saturday) and the Coventry Blaze (Sunday)
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.