Jonathan Weaver Leaves the Coventry Blaze
Breaking news from the Elite Ice Hockey League is that former GB Captain Jonathan Weaver has left the Coventry Blaze after a 5 year spell that saw him lift two league championships.
The full media release is below.
CPP Coventry Blaze have confirmed defenceman Jonathan Weaver will not be back at the Skydome next season.
The 35-year-old Great Britain international had been with the club for five years - winning two Elite League titles and the British Knockout Cup along the way - after joining from Newcastle Vipers in 2007.
Coach Paul Thompson said: “Weaves knows we are going in a different direction next year and he understands that.
“He has been a great player for us, a great captain, and he was great to work with.
“I want to thank him for everything he did for the Blaze – he was part of two championship-winning teams - and I wish him all the very best for the future.”
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.