Sheffield Steelers 3-4 Coventry Blaze
Despite a third period comeback the Sheffield Steelers went down 4-3 at home to the Coventry Blaze on Saturday evening at the Motorpoint Arena.
Steelers dominated the first period outshooting their opponents 1-4 in the first 2o minutes. It was however the Blaze that took the lead with Dustin Cameron netting in the 15th minute.
Drew Fata scored on his first appearance for the club 3 minutes later to send the sides in level after the first break.
The middle session started with a bang as Steve Goertzen put the Steelers ahead just 20 seconds in. Then the Blaze took over as cameron hit two in under three minutes to have the Blaze ahead 3-2 and complete his hat trick.
Despite carrying the exhibition tag the game carried an edge, this escalated 12 minutes in when Jason Hewitt clashed with Brad Leeb, the Blaze forward leaving the game with a match penalty for a "sucker punch". Steelers Matt Stephenson also joined in fighting the Blaze heavyweight Ben Olson not once but twice.
With Shawn Limpright in the penalty box the Blaze power-play struck and Captain Shea Gutherie netter for the Blaze 4th goal to end the period 4-2 ahead.
Colin Shields reduced the deficit to just one 3 minutes in to the final period. Steelers again outshot the Blaze in the final period but try as they did the Steelers couldn't get that all important tying goal, despite pulling goalie DeCaro in the final moments.
- September 1, 2015Day to Start vs Manchester on Wednesday
- August 31, 2015More CHL Action on Saturday
- August 31, 2015Two Important Messages from the SSSC -...
- August 31, 2015The Winners from Sunday - Over £2000 for...
- August 31, 2015What a Night for Rico
- August 30, 2015AUDIO: Thompson, Coyle and O'Connor Post Game
- August 30, 2015VIDEO: Thompson and Roy Post Game
- August 30, 2015Steelers 2-4 JYP Jyvaskyla
- August 30, 2015Game Day: Lets Roar says the BullDog
- August 29, 2015BOX Office: Steelers Vs. JYP Jyvaskyla
- August 29, 2015Shirt Launch a Huge Success
- August 28, 2015Double Session for the Steelers as Home...