Thomas Leads the Elite League Way
Steeler Mark Thomas was surprised today when he was told that he is the current Iron Man of the Elite League having played 559 games, 6 more than Cardiff's Phil Hill and 7 more than his Steelers team mate Jason Hewitt (552)
"When i was asked who had played the most games I came up with several names and never even thought about my self" said Thomas "I have to admit i was delighted when i was told it was me though. Im pretty proud that I have managed to stay fit and play for as long as I have
"Phil Hill was my first choice and then I did think of Hewey. Ash of course has had some injuries, so has Jonathan Weaver, my team mate Jonathan Phillips took a couple of years off as well
"It would be nice if i could play another 60 games plus again next season, there is no reason why not. I do think having the three Steelers guys in my self Hewey and Jono in the top 6 shows that our club has some core players that hopefully bring stability and identity to the team"
Mark Thomas has played 559 Elite League games, other players over 500 are Phil Hill (553), Jason Hewitt (552), Marc Leavers (530), Russ Cowley (525), Greame Walton (521) and Jonathan Phillips (515)
- May 16, 2013The Latest from Doug
- May 14, 2013The STAR on The Legue Return
- May 13, 2013Next Signing - "It's Jeff Legue"
- April 23, 2013Player Sponsorship for Season 2013-14
- May 13, 2013Steelers Wish Frank Luck on His Move to...
- May 13, 2013Christiansen Returns to the States
- May 9, 2013No Return for Jorgensen
- May 6, 2013"Steelers Brit Pack Just Got Younger and...
- May 6, 2013Dowd Returns to the Sheffield Steelers
- May 2, 2013Season Ticket Update
- May 1, 2013Good Luck to All at the Conference Weekend...
- April 29, 2013The Bull Dog Returns.